In our time Ascension Day comes and goes without any notice by most of the world and much of the Church. Did you miss it? It’s Thursday this week! Why is Jesus ascending to heaven so important? Ascension Day commemorates something essential to our Christian hope. It goes beyond Easter and assures us that our future is in the Risen One who is head over everything for the Church. He cares for us here and has prepared a place for us for eternity. Filled with His Spirit, we lack no gift to be His witnesses in our worlds! As He was sent, so He sends us!
We gather this Sunday to worship our risen and ascended Lord. There will be two services: 9 and 10:45 a.m. Sunday School will begin in our 10:45 service. Please reply to this email or call 973-697-6060 to let us know you will attend. Know that the worship space has been carefully sanitized and that we have done everything possible to make it safe for our worship together. And of course we continue to follow our covid protocol as well, showing each other that we are loved by God and by each other!
- Before coming to Worship…
- Please consider your own health. Do not risk your own well-being and the health of fellow worshipers. If you have not been feeling well – elevated temperature, diarrhea, persistent cough, constant fatigue – please stay home and seek medical care as needed. If in the last two weeks you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have been in the presence of someone who has tested positive (even if without symptoms), please do not attend. If you are at high risk, stay home and worship with the recorded service on YouTube.
- Please remember to bring your own mask and personal sanitizer. Since the seat cushions have been removed, feel free to bring your own cushion to sit on, taking it with you when you leave.
- Please use the restroom before you leave the house. There will be one restroom for emergency use.
- Remember to let the office know you are coming. If you are bringing a visitor, please also give us their name, address, and phone.
- As you Arrive…
- Please follow 6-foot social distancing as you walk to the doors (unless you are family).
- A health screener will be outside the front doors, taking temperatures and asking a couple of important questions.
- All entrance will be through the front doors. Directional flow will be one way down the center aisle. The long pew side at the 10:45 service is reserved for Sunday School families. Enter only an untaped pew, moving all the way to the side aisle as far as you can, observing social distance by sitting on the taped spots. (Again, families may sit together.)
- A greeter with hand sanitizer will be within the doors to give direction and answer any questions.
- During Worship…
- Face covering must be maintained through the service. It may be removed to receive communion.
- The entire service will be projected.
- Children will be led by their teachers out of the left side door at the appropriate time in the service. When Sunday School time is over, teachers will lead the children back to their families through the front door.
- If the restroom is needed, please use the disinfecting wipes to sanitize wherever you have touched. Use the wipe to open the door and discard it in the receptacle outside the door.
- Leaving Worship…
- Maintaining social distancing, we will exit through the baptistery side door. The long side will lead (front to back), with the short side following (front to back). Please wait for the pew in front of you to empty and the side aisle to clear before you get up to leave.
- There will be a table with baskets for your offering.
- Please remember to take your cushion if you chose to bring one.
- Please exit the church building as soon as possible after worship. Refrain from fellowship within the church building. You may fellowship outside, but please maintain face coverings and distancing.
Alleluia! Christ is risen and ascended! He is risen and ascended indeed! Alleluia! Pastor Craig